QWAD (Quantum Waveguides Applications & Developments) is an FP7 FET STREP project funded by the European Union.
The idea is to develop and apply the technology of laser-written quantum waveguide devices. More specifically, QWAD will design novel structures tailored for high performance quantum simulation, for new classes of ready-made devices for secure communication, and for entanglement enhanced quantum sensing in lab-on-chip systems.
The following goals are envisaged:
- develop an enabling platform of laser-written quantum waveguide components
- full control of all propagation parameters
- design three-dimensional structures
- qubits encoded in the polarization and path
- scalable photonic quantum logic and quantum simulations
- hyperentangled multi-photon states
- develop tailored structures
- small, compact QKD systems
- lab-on-chip devices